Launching in late 2020, Global Talent Mentoring bridges geographic and cultural distance to connect the brightest young minds with distinguished researchers, academics, and professionals in what will become a global pool of talent development.
Why get involved?
As a mentor, you will be matched with an outstanding young talent in STEMM with whom you will develop an individualized learning pathway. You will also have the opportunity to work on projects with your mentee, participate in research studies, and make connections with other STEMM experts.
- Stay informed about what matters to the next generation of STEMM researchers
- Receive training in effective mentoring
- Get a certification of volunteer work as mentor
- Become part of a global network of other like-minded STEMM experts
- Pass along your experience to future generations of STEMM talent
- Increase equity within talent development by supporting a worldwide network
Who are we looking for?
Internationally recognized researchers, scientists, and academics, as well as professionals in the private sector who work in a research capacity and have proven success in a STEMM field (e.g., patents, international publications, innovations).
What do we expect from mentors?
- Readiness to offer weekly 30-minute mentoring sessions with one mentee (other provisions possible in some cases)
- Willingness to commit to long-term support of a mentee, including working with a mentee to create an individualized learning pathway
- At least a one-year commitment
- Participation in formative evaluation studies
How to get involved
If you are interested in volunteering with Global Talent Mentoring as a mentor and working with an exceptionally talented youth in a STEMM domain related to your own area of expertise starting in December of 2020, please fill out this form
Deadline for mentor nominations: 31 July 2020